Bankruptcy Attorney | Filing Bankruptcy Right for Me?
Bankruptcy Attorney | As an experienced California bankruptcy attorney, I will help you decide whether bankruptcy is right for you with a free consultation. The decision to file bankruptcy is not one that’s easy to make. Somehow, you want to save face or “do the right thing.” So, you struggle along while your creditors turn up the heat. Pretty soon, with all the late fees, penalties and mounting interest, keeping your head above water becomes almost impossible.
Who’s paying the consequences for your debt? You and YOUR FAMILY.
Ask yourself this. If you could eliminate your debt without permanently damaging your credit, why wouldn’t you? The stigma related to bankruptcy is not what it was 30 years ago. Every year millions of Americans file bankruptcy to stop foreclosures, repossession, garnishment, and bank levies. By filing bankruptcy, you can eliminate credit card debt, tax liability, medical bills, and other debt.
Most people filing keep their home, cars and other property. A clean slate is the ultimate tool of empowerment. Bankruptcy may not be the right decision for you, but you owe it to yourself to become educated about all of your options so that you can make an informed decision. After all, your spouse and children are paying the consequences for your debt. Are you able to pay your monthly bills, and give your children everything they want?
First, assess your financial situation including your income and debt
Taking a close look at the bottom line is a courageous first step. But, it’s a crucial first step. You can start the process yourself. However, the best avenue is to seek legal counsel even in the early stages. An experienced attorney can help separate panic from reality and even advise that you might not be in as bad shape as you think.
Some initial questions to ask yourself:
● Are you heavily in debt, with little prospect of getting out of that debt in the near future?
● Have you had, or are your creditors threatening, a foreclosure on your home, a repossession of your car or other legal
● Have you experienced a dramatic drop in income that you don’t anticipate replacing anytime soon?
● Are you frequently late paying bills?
● Do you only pay the minimum on your credit cards?
● Are you unable to make even the minimum payments?
● Do you have to sacrifice basic necessities just to make ends meet?
● Are you paying more money than you make on just your monthly living expenses?
● Are you losing sleep at night wondering how you’re going to make it?
● Have you bounced more than one check in the last two months?
● Are your wages currently, or in jeopardy of, being garnished?
● Have you recently become partially or totally disabled?
● Are you going through a divorce resulting in a decrease of income but an increase in expenses?
If you answered yes to some or a number of these questions, bankruptcy could be right for you. Your next step is to talk to an qualified bankruptcy attorney to assess your rights and determine if bankruptcy is right for you. Bankruptcy is not for everyone, but you need to be an informed consumer to make the right decision. Don’t wait until your wages are being garnished or your car is repossessed. Be proactive and resolve the situation now. action to take your property? -Bakersfield Law
Our office can assist you in determining whether bankruptcy is the right choice for you, and which chapter under the Bankruptcy Code would provide you with the most relief. To schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable Bakersfield bankruptcy attorney about filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Kern County, please call our office today at 661-888-4335 .